Monday, April 23, 2012

Evernote Everywhere

I'm just going to start out by saying this is one of the best tools I've ever used!

When I browse the web and find articles for research or that I want to read later, I use to just bookmark them.  However, I finally got back to sorting through the bookmarks, I couldn't always remember why I wanted that site or it would be gone from the internet.  I would also encounter the problem of not remembering which computer I had bookmarked the site on (this was before I started using an online bookmarking site).  Needless to say, my frustration level was high.  Then I found Evernote.  I didn't really know the full potential behind this tool until I started working with it more this past year.

So, what can you do with Evernote? 

The access you receive alone with this tool is amazing, but it gets even better because you can share any of your files and notebooks with other people.  I recently did some research for a colleague on the Flipped Classroom.  I created a notebook in Evernote and as I came across articles and resources on the web, I clipped them with the Evernote Clipper and saved them to my notebook.  Once I had a good collection, I shared the notebook with my colleague.  Even though I had shared the notebook, I was still able to add more resources to the notebook which my colleague could see instantaneously.  This would be a great tool for students collaborating on a research project.  They could share a notebook and both work on finding research information without duplicating each other.



Checkout this tutorial to get started with Evernote!

No comments:

Post a Comment