Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Playing with SmileBox

I was browsing some teacher websites and saw something cool to share.   Check it out at http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d6a6b324d4445304d7a673d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link.

(Here's the teacher website - http://teacherweb.com/OH/SylvaniaCitySchools/abauer/apt11.aspx)

So, I decided I had to play around with SmileBox.  I clicked on the Make a SmileBox link on the first website above.  It asked me to download SmileBox to computer, so I did.  It walks you through the process and opens SmileBox right up after downloading.  You do have to create and account, but it is free - don't pay for the premium.  Once you've created your account, you can start creating.  The program takes you through each step from choosing your template to uploading pictures from your computer.  Please note - some of the templates are only available for premium accounts, so choose a free template.

I finished my slideshow in less than 10 minutes, wrote up this blog post and embedded my SmileBox in 20 minutes.  It is a simple tool for dressing up those class photos, showcasing student projects or giving parents a tour of your classroom.  You'll look like a tech guru in no time!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment