Option #1: WonderShare
Wondershare is a free YouTube Downloader. Start by installing the application - http://www.wondershare.com/pro/mac-free-youtube-downloader.html. (Make sure you select your computer type before downloading.) During the installation process it will install a downloader on all your browsers , so if you have any of them open they will be closed. Once installed, you can access Wondershare through your applications folder.
To Use the Program:
- Open Wondershare
- Go to YouTube via a web browser
- Find a video you want to use in the class
- Copy the web link (URL)
- In Wondershare, click on Paste URL (left side of the window)
- Your video will download
- Once downloaded, click on the video image to start playing the video
Benefit - your videos are all in one location
Drawback - you can't open it in full screen.
Option #2: Easy YouTube Video Downloader
- Go to the following website - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-downl-10137/?src=userprofile
- Click on Add to Firefox
- Restart Firefox
- Go to YouTube
- Find a video you want to use in class
- You should now have a button under the video labeled Download. Click it.
- Choose MP4 format - this will download your video either on the desktop or into your downloads folder.
Benefit - you can open in full screen
Drawback - image might be distorted in full screen view & you will want to start a folder for your videos to help keep them organized